About the Business & Position Overview
Godrej Lawkim Motors manufactures specialized electric motors including hermetic compressor motors, custom-built three phase and single phase motors, motor components such as wound stator and rotor assemblies and laminations/stampings for different applications, across all segments in India and international markets. Godrej Lawkim manufacturing plant is capable of delivering high efficiency motors and is recognized for ensuring high levels of productivity, safety and meets global environmental standards.
Godrej Lawkim also offers calibration services through our NABL accredited labs and practices as per IS/ISO/IEC17025 located at Mumbai, Pune, Vadodara and Chennai. We undertake In-house and On-site calibration of Instruments for Mechanical (Dimension, Pressure, Mass, Volume, Density, Vibration, Force, Torque), Thermal, Electro-technical including Radio frequency, and Bio Medical parameters for all our Indian and International customers. We focus on our Customers by being Competitive & Consistent in the value we add & the Good Quality we provide to our customers in India & in International markets.
1. Based on the end Application requirements, derive motor performance requirements, design & Develop -Three phase Motors 0.25HP to 425HP.
2. Analysis of Motor test results & formulation Motor specifications.
3. Explore and implement -Cost Optimization programs
4. Conduct the Motor Design validation test results.
5. Electromagnetic Design & Analysis of Electric Motor
6. Design Validation with actual performance results at inhouse/customers test beds.
7. Motor Design Optimization of Induction Motors, Three phase Motors and BLDC Motors
8. Updation with New Motor Standards and New Developments in Motor Design Technology
9. Ensure the Motor designs comply to required specifications and standards.
10.Ensure demonstration of required performance standards to Certifying Bodies.
1. To understand the design inputs and convert to design outputs, Verify the design and furnish data for design validation.
2. Develop and validate components for motors.
3. Approval of products. -Design and formulate Electrical Design Data for Motors and allied data.
4. Preparation of document require for sample motor
5. Provide technical support [practically to W & M shop] for new approved sample motors
6. To do value addition and cost reduction in existing product
7. Support to purchase team for component development
8. Support and guide production team to understand product, process and quality requirements.
9. Provide Technical inputs for Sample motors manufacturing.
10. Support for pilot lot with inputs of FMEA
11. Support for mass production.
12. Value addition by improving performance within existing material content or with alternative materials
13. To guide & conduct Reliability testing of motor.
14. Follow up of QMS, EMS & OHS policy system in Reliability & Prototype Lab.
15. Electromagnetic Analysis of Electric Motor Design Validation of Design software and co-relation with actual results Motor Design Optimization of Induction Motors, Three phase Motors and BLDC Motors. Updation with New Motor Standards and New Developments in Technology Refer to new forth coming standards and Technical papers, updating with latest material standards
16. Validation of Insulation system formulation and interaction with Approval agencies: Internal verification of Designs for compliances to standards such as BIS, UL India and other statutory agencies for Export motor developments.
Essential Qualification: Degree /Diploma in Electrical Engg
Preferred Qualification: Degree /Diploma in Electrical Engg
Essential Experience: 7 Years For Degree & 10 Years for Diploma
Preferred Experience: 10-12 Years For Degree & 15-20 Years for Diploma
Essential : 1.Knowledge of Electric Motors related to : Construction, test methods, materials, Standards & design methodologies with analytical skills
2. Proven expertise and hands on experience of Design
3.Experience in AutoCAD
4. Ability interact with Customers, Suppliers, partners and team members for leading assigned product portfolios
Preferred : 1. Explicit and clear electrical design knowledge in Metric frame Motors in Frames IEC 80 to 225 is essential.
2.Electric Motor Manufacturing processes and processing factors affecting electrical insulation